REVISE & REMIX With H5P
MERLOT-SkillsCommons' Initiative to Accelerate the Creation of Derivative Works
- Open Education Resources (OER) continues to grow in its availability for reuse and to retain and redistribute. MERLOT's SmartSearch provides users easy access to thousands of OER across all subjects.
- The variety of technology used and the formats of OER creates challenges for revising and remixing OER.
- Revising and remixing OER is required to enable the customization and alignment of educational resources to local priorities and perspectives
- Revising and remixing OER is required to redesign educational content into more interactive learning experiences.
- H5P is an easy to use technology application that enables a novice developer of OER to revise and remix OER to make it more interactive in the process of creating customized derivative works.
MERLOT-SkillsCommons H5P Initiative:
Mission: To provide open educational and consulting services that enable the MERLOT and SkillsCommons communities and partners to revise and remix OER with H5P open services and resources.
Goals for H5P Open Educational Services:
- Provide an open library in MERLOT for H5P training resources, templates, tutorials, and examples of H5P applications. We just got started with building the H5P collection in MERLOT.
- Provide a customized portal for H5P community of users for easy access to the H5P training resources and examples.
- Provide facilitation, expert training and leadership to support the development of an open, world-wide community of MERLOT and SkillsCommons members who wish to learn and apply H5P programming techniques to:
- Augment existing OER with formative assessment applications
- Remix OER to create the scope and sequence of learning experiences aligned with local community's educational priorities.
- Revise OER to create derivative works that efficiently and effectively improves learning for more people
- Develop and create derivative OER in other languages including French and African languages
- Provide institutional consultation and services to support academic and workforce development institutions to redesign their course curriculum with Affordable Learning Solutions.
- Develop partnerships with H5P organizations and engage in collaborative projects that advances the shared missions and goals of the organizations.
- Establish a research community for quality assurance and Open Education Practices (OEP)
Would you like to participate in this project? Contact Moustapha Diack Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
MERLOT-SkillsCommons H5P Project Director: Moustapha Diack